I'm so excited about our farm unit this week as it is one of my FAVORITE units!
We started our unit off my learning about the many different jobs that a farmers has by listening to a story on You Tube.
The children helped complete this chart about farms:
After we sorted who lives on a farm:
We discussed how God gave us all the animals for many reasons: Sheep- for their wool, cows- milk, chickens-eggs, etc.
The children also started their rotation to prayer center where we are discussing when and why we pray.
Today we learned some fun facts about cows.
1. Cows have 4 stomachs.
2. No two cows have the same pattern of spots.
3. An adult male cow is a bull.
4. An adult female is called a cow.
5. Cows eat corn, hay, barely, grass, and wheat.
6. Cows give us milk, leather, and meat.
7. Cows can drink about a bathtub full of water and eat around 40 pounds of food a day.
Tomorrow my husband is bring our two goats for the children to feed and pet. YAY!!!