Today we read a book about George Washington and learned that he:
1. is often called the "father of our country"
2. was our first president.
3. dreamed to become a soldier.
4. was a great leader.
5. trained his soldiers and inspired them.
6. Once the country became the USA they needed a leader and George was elected to be the first president.
7. Being president was a very hard job.
8. traveled to many states to learn about their problems and try to solve them.
9. was elected president two times.
10. Today, there was many places named after him.
11. His face is on the one dollar bill and quarter.
Then of course we had to make George Washington.