We started our unit on the jungle by having the Memphis Botanic Gardens coming and talking to the children about birds. The children made a bird buddy and went bird watching.
They had a ball looking for birds.
On Tuesday we learn many fun facts about toucans. Then we made our own toucan.
1. Toucans live in the jungles of South and Central America.
2. They live in a flock.
3. They sleep in holes in trees.
4. They eat insects and fruit.
5. Toucans have bills.
On Thursday we learned about sloths and watched a video on the Smart Board. Then we made our own sloths to hang around the room.
1. We learned that they live in Central and South America.
2. They use their long claws to hang from branches.
3. They like to eat leaves and fruit.
4. The sleep for up to 20 hours a day!
5.They are extremely slow.
Today we were all extremely excited to celebrate our 100th day.
|The children enjoyed walking through our door today.|
We started our celebration by searching for 100's on our sheet. Then we thought of what we wish we had 100 of and what we would not want 100 of...the children came up with some great answers.
After we made portraits of ourselves at 100.
We ended our celebration by eating 100 items for snack.
It's been a fun week and I can't wait for next week.